Thursday, March 31, 2011

Lava Cakes


Look at that chocolate lava!!!
This is the celebration food at our house! It's often made for birthdays or at the end of a swim season or for Christmas.

The recipe came from a long ago Bon Appetit...and I have made it whenever the day calls for a special dessert. Eleanor's not a fan of cake so this is her request for her birthday. I do like cake, but I like this even better!

I usually make half the recipe linked to this title. That seems to be plenty for our small family, typically making 6 smaller lava cakes. I haven't ever made the ginger rum ice cream...really...what's not to like with that? I just serve it with vanilla ice cream and find that delicious. I use semisweet chocolate chips.

I think that's it. It's hard to beat this recipe. The batter can even be made ahead of time and the cakes put into the oven 20 minutes or so before serving.

Nothin' left to say on these!

Print Page

No comments:

Post a Comment

pin