Saturday, March 5, 2011

Pork Tenderloin


I just love pork tenderloin. It's one of my favorite things to grill, and I had some from the infamous meat sale that I needed to use. Really, what I should have done right after the sale was divide the 2 tenderloins into separate packages before freezing to have tenderloin for two separate meals. I must have been in a hurry because I didn't do that this time. When I thawed it I realized I had two loins...but that's OK. It will make a good addition to lunches this week.

This is a RUO (recipe of unknown origin).

Marinate the pork loin in:
4 cloves garlic, minced
3 T soy sauce
2 T ginger root, minced
1 T Dijon mustard
1/2 c lime juice
1/2 c olive oil

I marinated it all day and the Paul grilled it on a Sunday evening.

Cook:
4 c onion
2 T olive oil
Add 2 jalapenos, minced and cook 1 more minute
Add 2 T brown sugar and cook one more minute
Add 1/4 c red wine vinegar
And add 1/4 c water

I parboiled asparagus and Paul grilled that. Since we're in the depths of winter it's probably from Ecuador or some other foreign country, but it just looked so green and good. I just wanted to eat a vegetable grown above the ground....so even though it is from far away and took huge resources to get it here and grill it...it was appreciated by all three of us. I also made mashed potatoes since we had some potatoes that needed to be eaten soon. And, I made the sweet potatoes (Eleanor's request) that I made on Thanksgiving.

Ready for the week after such a hearty meal.

I ended up using the leftover pork as an addition to Pad Thai that week. I just cut it into match stick size pieces and added it to the other ingredients.
Print Page

No comments:

Post a Comment

pin