Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Chicken and Sausage Jambalaya



Happy Mardi Gras!
I made this a bit early....a couple weeks ago right after the new Bon Appetit arrived in the mail. It just sounded meaty and hearty...something I needed after a day of shoveling heavy cement (oops...I mean snow) off our sidewalk.

I'm usually not much for a dish with a lot of meat, but this did hit the spot. I did have a few variations to better match the ingredients I had on hand.

I decreased the bacon to 6-8 oz
1 lb linguica sausage...maybe it was even 12 oz...however it was packaged
chicken andouille
one chicken breast
chicken broth instead of beef broth
dried thyme instead of fresh 1/2 the amount called for in the recipe.
diced tomatoes instead of diced tomatoes with chiles
Other than that, I made it just like the recipe. HAHAHA

The picture was taken before putting it in the oven.

Print Page

No comments:

Post a Comment

pin