Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Curry in a Hurry






Love quick dinner ideas for the weeknights.

Here's one that works quickly and is good and hearty food.






Chicken breasts, cut in bite size pieces coated in flour
1 medium onion, cut into strips
2 piece of ginger, grated or chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
15 oz can chicken broth
3 T curry paste
1/4 c golden raisins
2 T mango chutney
2 T sesame oil

Brown chicken in a bit of oil. Remove from pan and set aside. Add onion, ginger, and garlic and saute 2-3 minutes. Add broth to deglaze the pan. Add curry paste and raisins. Return chicken to pan. Heat to a boil and decrease heat. Stir in chutney and sesame oil and simmer 5-10 minutes.

Serve with chopped peanuts, additional chutney, pineapple, chopped banana, coconut, etc and serve over rice. In the picture there are chopped apples on it as well. I had planned to add a couple handfuls of frozen peas toward the end of cooking...but forgot about that.
I have added chopped apples directly into the recipe, so that is an option as well. I think I have seen cans of curry paste at the regular grocery store and at Trader Joe's; however, I did pick up a small can when I was at the Asian grocery store. I'll have to remember to grab a couple cans of that next time I'm shopping there...just to have in the pantry for quick meal ideas.
Print Page

No comments:

Post a Comment

pin