Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Greek Skillet


This idea came to me on the way home from the Y on a recent Saturday. Eleanor and I were both hungry after our workouts. She swam for a couple hours and did body pump while I went to spin class and body pump. We were HUNGRY, and I needed to use what I had in the pantry and sell it to her as a good idea.

I boiled 3 potatoes. It would have worked better if I had done this so they had time to cool, but it worked out to rinse them under cold water when they were done. I grated them with the cheese grater to get the potatoes ready for the skillet. I sauteed a chopped onion in olive oil....I had a partial onion in the refrigerator so I finished that. I added the shredded potatoes and sprinkled it with Penzeys Greek Seasoning. When the potatoes seemed like they were browning I flipped them over and sprinkled the other side with the seasoning as well. I made a clear spot in the middle and cracked two eggs into it and stirred everything in the pan. When the eggs were nearly done I crumbled some feta cheese all over it until it started to melt. I served it with some of these chopped sundried tomatoes that are yummy!

A great breakfast out of things I had in the pantry/refrigerator.

No comments:

Post a Comment

pin