Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Pumpkin....Pudding and Muffins

Canned pumpkin is a pantry staple at this house. Eleanor is CRAZY about pumpkin! Her birthday treat for many years has been pumpkin muffins with cream cheese frosting. I like to make pumpkin pudding for her too. Pumpkin pudding is the pie filling baked in a pan without the pie crust. It's a healthier option (and less labor intensive).

I don't have a picture of the muffins. But, they look like...muffins.
I have adapted a sweet potato recipe over the years into what you'll see below:
1 1/2 c flour
2 t bkg powder
1 t grd cinnamon
1/2 t bkg soda
1/2 t allspice
1/3 c brown sugar
1 c canned pumpkin
3/4 c plain yogurt
1/4 c vegetable oil
1 egg

I usually make a double batch so I can use the entire can of pumpkin with one recipe.
The original recipe was a bit more labor intensive as far as mixing the wet ingredients and dry ingredients separately. I dump everything in one bowl and stir until still a tiny bit lumpy. I bake them at 425 degrees until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.

The pumpkin pudding is the filling recipe on the side of the Libby's Pumpkin can or Shurfine pumpkin can or Aldi's pumpkin can.

Here's a picture of pumpkin pudding before Eleanor knows it's ready to be eaten.

No comments:

Post a Comment

pin