Thursday, July 29, 2010

Sautéed Patty Pan Squash



This is not exactly gourmet or very difficult to figure out, but sometimes you just need someone else to give you some inspiration! This week I received quite a bit of yellow and green patty pan squash and some yellow crookneck squash in my CSA box. I also received some candy apple red onions which are really sweet and tasty.

I sliced the onions and squash and sautéed them in about a tablespoon of olive oil. That's it! I then sprinkled fresh dill and basil over the top and served. While very uncomplicated, this dish is full of flavor and a great side dish to any meal. I  served this as a side to pulled pork sandwiches. I had the pork in the freezer, so this dinner took about 10 minutes to prepare, perfect for a busy summer evening.
Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

  1. patty pan squash in the CSA box this week. We're having this tomorrow night!

    ReplyDelete

pin