Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Crockpot Tex-Mex chicken

This idea came to me out of near desperation.  I knew that it was going to be a crazy day at work and after I got home...running Eleanor out to the gym in Waukesha. means dinner won't be until after 8 pm for two of us.  Paul was at work late getting ready for a trip to a number of Asian cities, and Luisa was at swim practice arriving home around 7.  Different dinner times, people in and out between swimming and basketball spectating...sounds like a slow cooker kind of night.

Looking in my pantry I found the makings of a dinner...hooray for a well stocked pantry.

chicken breasts
1/2 red onion, chopped
16 oz frozen corn
can black beans, drained
1/2 bunch cilantro, chopped
juice of one lime
1 t cumin

OK.  No picture since it was late when I got home.  But, this tasted great served on a tortilla with a bit of cheese.  For sure I will be making this one again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

pin