Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Felice's Dip

This is the dip I had at the violin picnic and LOVED.  Forget the brownies and other assorted desserts...just give me a salty and cheesy dip.  I asked Carol, the violin teacher to get this recipe when she sees the mom who brought this.  I believe that Carol was going to hold the serving plated hostage until the recipe was given!

OK...this is from the woman who just may be one of the most adorable moms of all time.  She's gorgeous, pleasant, and has a whole brood of cute and well behaved kids with names of kings and queens.  Even with all that going on, she is learning to play cello!  I'm just glad that the parents have someone to represent us as an adult learner (thank you, Felice.  I owe you one).

This is the kind of recipe that 's good to have to throw together for a party.  You really don't want to have this in the house since it's so good tasting and so bad for you:)  A little does go a long way.  I took it to a party last weekend and was placing a portion controlled scoop on my plate (OK...maybe it was a generous serving) when someone randomly asked me if I knew what was in that dip since it was so good.

2 packages cream cheese, softened
French onion mix (I used Knorr's)
1 link Italian sausage, cooked
1/3 c mayo
2/3 c cheddar cheese, shredded

Mix it all together and bake.  I baked at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or so.
I'm thinking some canned jalapenos may be a good addition for the next time I make this.  That is, the next time I make this to take it someplace!

No comments:

Post a Comment

pin