Friday, October 5, 2012

Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad


Yes, Nicole does it again with a great quick and healthy recipe.  Have I told you how much I love this woman's blog?  Do you like how I call her Nicole even though I never met her?  I always have to chuckle when people call a television or radio personality by his/her first name even though they have never met.  You know, like "Katie (Couric) said blah blah blah"  or "Brian (Williams) mentioned blah blah blah".  So, here I am mentioning my virtual friend, Nicole!  I do think I want to be her...although maybe I like her because she is the younger version of me...cooking up a storm, climbing the work ladder, and working out a bit.  I'm just the older more tired version of that person!!!!

Enough of the envy, I just really love the recipes and her pictures.  Her blog is my go to place when I'm in the mood to try a new recipe, especially during the week.  They are healthy, quick and have been tasty.  Ah, all the things I need.  This one sounded great....and was a MUST MAKE when the romaine heads arrived in the CSA box last week.  We grilled bratwurst on Sunday (during the Packers victory...hooray) and I threw on 2 chicken breasts in anticipation of this dinner.  We were having it after a high school swim meet and had to have a dinner that could be thrown together quickly when we arrived home.  I made the dressing the night before, so all I had to do was boil the water and cook the pasta!
Chicken Caesar with a Twist from www.preventionrd

Dressing:
1/3 cup light mayonnaise
2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
2 tsp dijon mustard
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp anchovy paste
1 clove garlic, minced
1/8 tsp ground red pepper

Mix all ingredients together.

Salad:
12 oz boneless skinless chicken breasts
4 oz dry rotini
2 tsp olive oil
1 tsp Greek seasoning
1/4 cup shredded Parmesan
2 heads Romaine lettuce, washed and torn into pieces
2 oz Parmesan, shredded



When the pasta is cooked; drain and return to the pot. Toss with olive oil, salt, seasoning, and grated Parmesan.
Toss the lettuce with the dressing and shredded Parmesan. Divide salad among 4 plates and top with 1/4 of the pasta and 1/4 of the chicken
I think I'm back!

No comments:

Post a Comment

pin