Monday, May 13, 2013

Mango Cilanto Guacamole

Two Peas and Their Pod Mango Cilantro Guacamole

Hmmmm...can you ever have too many recipes like this?  Can you ever have too many mangoes?  or too many avocados?  Sometimes I think that I probably wasn't meant to live in the midwest.  I probably should have lived somewhere with greater food choices for more months of the year....like somewhere with a grove of fruit trees nearby.  A gal can dream, can't she?

But then, we see the arrival of spring and I am so appreciative of the warmth and the sunshine.  And I really do like winter.....just maybe not the length of it at times.  Until I live somewhere with a lemon grove and some avocado trees, I'll have to get my fix with recipes like this. 

Since it lacks tomatoes, Eleanor is a fan of this kind of guacamole also...guess that means I will need to make more next time. 

1 avocado, insides mashed with a fork
2 T chopped red onion
juice from 1 lime
1/4 c cilantro
1 mango, chopped

Stir all together and serve with tortilla chips. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

pin