Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Pumpkin Coconut Curry

Pumpkin Coconut Curry

Just a moment to talk about Pinterest.....something I find addicting in my brief visit.  I think that it's a fun way to find lots of things....but especially fun for me to browse the recipes.  If I just had a tiny bit more time I think I would post things from this blog on there and probably get lost for hours in the various nooks and crannies of Pinterest.  Ah...dreams.  Back to the recipe......that's where I came across this one....thinking it could go either way...really good or not.  I had to try.  Ummmm....really good.  With some mango chutney and a few peanuts this was a delicious dinner. I made a few adaptations....eliminated the boullion flavoring and the cinnamon stick.  I'm guessing cilantro would really add to this dish, but I didn't have any.

I think we'll be having this again.  I guess my main difference from the blog where I found this is the number of servings.  Four of us wiped out this out, but we all had worked out quite a bit the day we had this, so it could be that we're just hungry people!

From Familyfreshcooking.com:
  • 1 medium Onion, chopped
  • 2 cups peeled and chopped Carrots
  • 6 Garlic Cloves, chopped
  • 1 15 oz can Pumpkin Purée
  • 1 13.5 oz can light unsweetened Coconut Milk
  • 1 1/2 pounds Ground Chicken
  • Olive Oil for pan
Divide the following spices in half to season the meatballs and the curry separately:

  • 2 teaspoons Ground Turmeric
  • 2 teaspoons Cumin
  • 2 teaspoons Salt
  • 2 teaspoons Ground Black Pepper
  • 2 teaspoons Ground Ginger
  • 1 teaspoon Nutmeg


{Meatballs}
Pre-heat oven to 400˚F. Use hands to combine ground chicken with 1/2 of the above spices. Shape into 1″ meatballs and place on a baking sheet. Bake for about 10 minutes, until lightly browned and cooked through.  Set aside.
{Pumpkin Curry}
Heat a splash of Olive Oil in large sauté pan on medium high. Sauté onions for a few minutes then add carrots, garlic and spices.  Cook until fragrant and onions are translucent. Add pumpkin and coconut milk to the pan.  Stir well to combine. Bring to a boil. Lower heat to medium low and simmer for a few minutes for the flavors to combine. Gently add chicken meatballs. Partially cover and simmer for about 15 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment

pin