Sunday, March 31, 2013

Hibiscus Flank Steak

Flank Steak recipe from Pati's Mexican Table

Different and unusual recipes intrigue me.  When I see a show about cooking with hibiscus, I'm on board.  It's something outside my comfort zone and has the potential to be excellent.  That's how it was when I watched the TV show Pati's Mexican table and she showed a number of recipes using hibiscus.  I had purchased some when I made some enchiladas and had never used the 2nd package of what I bought.  In fact, I had a bit of a scratchy throat after eating them so I was fearful of an allergy.  After realizing that they are in a tea that I have in the pantry, I carefully tried a few sips (with an Epi-pen ready).  Having no reaction, I realized that I could try this recipe.

I made the hibiscus syrup as directed on the website linked above.  It was fabulous.  So good, that my plan will be to have some of this concentrate with fresh lime juice in my refrigerator most summer days.  As usual, I cut down on the sugar quite a bit.  Instead of using 1 1/2 c for the concentrate I used 1/2 c figuring I could add more.  I have to say, the 1/2 c was perfect for us.

Sadly, I didn't take a picture of this recipe.  So, when I repeat it I will do that and update this post.  Until then, I encourage a peek at the link above.

No comments:

Post a Comment

pin